We’re looking for a talented architect or designer that can help our clients navigate the process of designing their ADU. ADU expertise isn’t necessary, but it is preferred, however we do require a minimum of 3 years of residential design.
This is a contract to hire position. This person will be responsible for creating the design and production drawings all the way from conceptual design through permitting. After a 3-month period, this role would transition to a salaried position.
We’re looking for someone who has a demonstrated history in the design industry especially residential design. He/She is skilled in Revit, rendering, and has strong client management skills.
- Perform initial site measurements to obtain information necessary for later stages.
- Prepare & Present schematic design for client approval. Floor plan & Elevation sketches as needed to convey design.
- Develop plans to send to any consultants needed on the project.
- Review and incorporate consultant’s work to prepare submittal to jurisdiction.
- Submit Drawings, Calcs & necessary forms to a jurisdiction for permits.
- Make necessary changes required by plan check to obtain approvals necessary for permits.
- Provide regular updates to lead designer regarding project status, the information needed, scheduling work with consultants, etc…
The Extra Mile:
We’re a startup looking to grow and scale our design capacities. If you’re hungry to make a difference, help set a trajectory and would describe yourself as a hustler, we think you’d make a great fit. There’s a lot of opportunity for growth.
Project Workload: The workload on contracting for this role is flexible, but we’d like a candidate who has bandwidth for 2 ADU projects per month.